Pages

Thursday 23 January 2014

A Year of Firsts - Week 2 Japadog

It's week two of my 52 week experiment, and I'm already loving it! I had to do something small this week, as I've been getting ready to fly home (Manitoba) for Christmas. Needless to say this is a rather busy week.

Since I first moved here a year ago, Shauna (my roomie) and I have been wanting to go to Japadog. For those of you who don't know, Japadog is a street food vendor that sells Japanese inspired hot dogs. The first Japadog was opened in 2005 by a Japanese couple who moved to Canada. I had originally seen Japadog on Eat Street, however it has since been widely talked about in the media. Seeing as I LOVE sushi, and hot dogs are always delicious, this seemed like a perfect combination! Japadog has multiple food carts, as well as a free standing Japadog restaurant in downtown Vancouver and we'd seen them everywhere. So it was decided, week two was my first experience with Japadog!




I decided to try out the Kurobuta Terimayo as it was on the "101 Things to Taste Before you Die" in Vancouver Magazine. It's a Kurobuta pork hot dog, with teriyaki sauce, fried onions, japanese mayo, and seaweed, and let me tell you... it was delicious!!! It was definitely worth the hype, and I can't wait to go back.

All in all, week two was a success and I'm looking forward to the next 50 weeks!

No comments:

Post a Comment